Last night the actress Christina Hendricks appeared with designer L’Wren Scott at a preview of Scott’s limited edition collection for Banana Republic. I’m ambivalent about Banana Republic (my last BR cardigan sweater pilled within one wearing!), and I don’t know much about L’Wren Scott (other than that she dates Mick Jagger and that her fragrance for Barneys was pretty good), and I really don’t write red carpet posts. On the other hand…Christina Hendricks!!!
Here’s a close-up of her “look.”
I wouldn’t mind owning a dress or scarf in the peony print that she’s wearing. (The L’Wren Scott / Banana Republic collaboration reportedly includes items in this floral, a stripe print, and a lipstick-pattern print.)
Here’s the breakdown of her makeup for the evening, as supplied by Lancôme. (I receive this sort of press e-mail on a regular basis; I just don’t usually follow through on sharing them…)
Makeup artist Vanessa Scali used the following products:
* Lancôme Bienfait Aqua Vital Lotion
* Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H [my go-to foundation!]
* Lancôme Effacernes Concealer
* Georgio Armani Blushing Fabric in Fuchsia
* Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer Face Foundation #2
* Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow in Champagne #8 [pictured above; now I want to try it]
* Lancôme LeStylo Waterproof EyeLiner in Deep Black
* Lancôme Artliner 24H in Black Diamond
* Lancôme Hypnôse Star 24H Waterproof Mascara in Noir Midnight
* Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre in Taupe & Hypnôse Brow Shaper
* Lancôme Rouge in Love in Midnight Rose [I own this lipstick in Roses in Love; it’s an old favorite of mine.]
Really, Christina Hendricks is beautiful no matter what she’s wearing, but this makeup looks especially fresh and flattering on her. What do you think?
The limited edition L’Wren Scott for Banana Republic collection launches on December 5th, in stores and online.
Information via Lancôme press release. Photos of Scott and Hendricks via Corbis.